Are you interested in working for a hospitality technology company whose ethos includes innovation, culture, and customer service? We’re looking for an individual with grit, integrity, curiosity, and yearns for greatness! If you thrive working in a fast-growing company and ready for a new adventure, Concilio Labs could be the next step in your career.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to maintain, upgrade, and manage our software and AWS environments. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. Our DevOps Engineer should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
About the Position:
1. Develop and incorporate security practices into the Company’s software development workflow, including collaborating with Developers, QA Engineers, and Delivery Managers to implement new security processes.
2. Ensure systems are secure and highly available, taking into account business continuity and disaster recovery. Design strategies for security monitoring of existing and new systems as they are introduced.
3. Provide data services, data administration, and data management support in client/server, virtual machine, and cloud infrastructure environment and/or migrations between environments.
4. Participate in defining standards, guidelines, best practices, and metrics for PCI/DSS compliance.
5. Develop information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance.
6. Database installation, configuration, and upgrade of database server software and related products, backup, and recovery policies and procedures, database implementation, security, optimization, multi-domain operation, and performance management.
7. Design, implement, and maintain a secure and automated CI/CD pipeline. Improve continuous integration and delivery systems. Identify workflow and job pipeline characteristics and tune the ecosystem to support high performance and scalability, from the infrastructure platform through to the application layer in the ecosystem.
8. Improve automated cloud configuration, deployment, monitoring, management, and incident response processes.
9. Collaborate with developers and the CEO to establish and ensure software architecture and infrastructure are scalable for multi-tenant and multi-instance environments.
10. Design, develop, and maintain resilient, secure, and efficient software driven infrastructure to meet high availability requirements.
11. Manage the capacity of the development and production infrastructure supporting the software components. Ensure services are running and highly available on the Production environments.
12. Set up, regularly maintain and monitor fully functional backup routines.
13. Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures.
14. Participate in the Production deployments when required.
15. Monitor systems events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality.
16. Ability to develop processes to ensure a scalable architecture.
17. Advanced troubleshooting of emergency situations on the network, must be able to work flexible hours when required.
18. Keep up to date with new DevSecOps trends and technologies.
1. Clearly communicate capabilities, opportunities, and recommendations to both technical and nontechnical audiences
2. High-energy, decisive, ability to motivate
3. Positive entrepreneurial personality
4. Exceptional relationship building skills
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills
6. Strong analytical capabilities
7. Advanced problem-solving skills
8. Ability to influence decision-making and change
9. Ability to display good judgment
10. Self starter and self motivated
11. Comfortable working with customers and internal teams in different time zones
12. Strong desire to learn and evolve
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Physics, Network Security, Information Systems or Computer Science)
1. Minimum 7+ years of experience in DevOps
2. Minimum 5+ years of experience in Software Development
3. Minimum 5+ years of experience as Linux/Unix SysAdmin
4. Minimum 5+ years of experience managing production infrastructure within Amazon Web Services (AWS) (S3, EC2, IAM, Route 53, VPC, RDS, SNS, AWS Elastic Load Balance, autoscaling, Cloud Watch) including provisioning and monitoring instances
5. Comprehensive systems hardware and network troubleshooting experience in physical, virtual and cloud platform environments, including the operation and administration of virtual and cloud infrastructure provider frameworks. Experience with at least one virtualization and one cloud provider (for instance, AWS, VMWare)
6. Strong knowledge of network protocols, especially TCP/IP, HTTP(S), SMTP, DNS, SSH, (S)FTP as well as top-level knowledge of Network infrastructure devices (firewalls, Loadbalancers)
7. Working experience with the design, development and deployment of at least one major configuration management framework (i.e. Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
8. Working experience with the design, development and deployment of at least one major infrastructure automation framework (i.e. CloudFormation, Terraform, Spinnaker)
9. Ability to pick up new technologies and ecosystem components quickly, and establish their relevance, architecture and integration with existing systems
10. Strong knowledge of web architecture: load balancing, high availability, disaster recovery, security best practices
11. Proficient with scripting in languages such as Bash and Python
12. Working experience running modern distributed container management systems (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc.)
13. Expert-level understanding of Git and software revision control and code deployment best practices
14. Experience implementing Continuous Integration Infrastructures (GitlabCI, Jenkins, Travis CI)
15. Experience with Systems Monitoring/Alerting (Nagios, PagerDuty, New Relic)
16. Experience managing PostgreSQL, Redis, ELK stack
17. Strong understanding of performance metrics from stress/load tests
18. Familiarity tuning SQL databases for scale and performance
19. Ability to work in multiple projects at once
20. Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage priorities, and stay organized
- AWS Certification
- Contributions to Open Source projects
- Java, Python, Golang, PHP, Spring Boot
- MySQL, Postgres
- AngularJS, Angular, React
- Grunt, Gulp, Bower, npm, Webpack, Angular CLI
- Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB, LogStash, Kibana, Grafana
- Maven, Gradle, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark
- Jenkins, GitLab, GitlabCI
- Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos
- CloudFormation, Ansible
To apply: Please email your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org